Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Living with Fat

I was talking with my sister on the phone yesterday and she asked me if I had explored some more options for losing weight. I said that I hadn't. I told her that I was choosing to do nothing right now except to eat like a normal person and get exercise. I told her I was burned out on the weight loss effort. I've been through Weight Watchers, Overeaters Anonymous and two nutritionists. I have explored Medifast but can't see myself existing entirely on liquids. I have explored bariatric surgery but don't want my organs rerouted. I suspect that even when I eat like a normal person I will put on weight. That to maintain a healthy body weight I have to eat less than normal and this is hard because I get hungry. I'm not ready to get my stomach cut up, to give up carbonated beverages and rice, to take all my medications in liquid form and my vitamins in chewable form. I'm just not ready. So I'm living with the fat and trying not to get fatter. Being fat sometimes feeds on itself. The attitude is "I look like hell, I might as well overeat since I'm fat anyway." So I'm changing that attitude and watching my portions and the type of food I eat. My attitude is "My body deserves healthy whole foods in moderate portions." It could work.

1 comment:

  1. I think eating in moderation is a good idea. If only I could do it!

    ReplyDelete